Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Round One: Chemo Therapy

Hey there!

Well I won't lie to you, the first round of chemo therapy was shitty.  I feel really tired, nauseous, and sore.  Not fun, at all!  The entire process took about 4 hours.  Before receiving chemo, lab work has to be done, then I see my oncologist who basically approves the treatment (depending on how the lab work turns out), finally chemo is given.  I had my own little cubicle with a T.V. and a warm blanket.   My family was able to come with me, which was nice because I was really nervous.  

I hate to admit this, but the scariest part of the entire experience was meeting other cancer patients.  Some were really optimistic, while others sadly informed me that they were terminal.  I tried my darned hardest to not let it get to me, and to be a positive influence in others lives.  I must admit, that the entire experience was pretty heart breaking and shook me up badly.  I am happy to have met some amazing people though, a lot of the patients were really helpful and genuinely tried to give good advice in moving forward with treatment.  

The plan moving forward is to continue chemo and herceptin every 3 weeks, to hopefully shriek the cancerous tumor.  Until then I will try to keep you all updated.  

Peace!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for keeping us updated with your progress and my prayers are with you throughout your journey. It really crazy how cancer affects us all one way or another and I'm glad you've had the opportunity to meet some really optimistic people. My name is Emily and I wanted to know if you would be able to answer a quick question about your blog. Please email me at - emilywalsh688(at)gmail(dot)com - thanks!

    ReplyDelete