Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day in the hospital!

  Today is Mother's Day, I was hoping that by now that I would have my own little bundle of joy, someone to call me mom.  However last September my Ulcerative Colitis flared up and we've never gotten it under control.  My doctors have informed us that we should wait until we get this current flare under control before we start trying to have a family.  However, since September I have gotten progressively worse.  I was admitted again to the hospital last Tuesday, I am currently receiving IV Prednisone, fluids, iron, potassium, Vicodin, and my usual drugs (Imuran, Lilada, Rowassa, Remicade, Probiatics, Birth control, etc.)  Yeah I know that is a lot to swallow literally.  None of it seems to be helping.
We are in the beginning stages of considering surgery.  I like the thought of a cure, but am well aware that their is always a chance for complications.  I just want my life back.  Since being dianosed with UC, I've had pneumonia and herpies (cold sores not the STD kind) all because of the immunosuppressant treatment that I have received up to this point.   I had my 4th colonoscopy yesterday (not a fun day), we'll meet with a surgeon later on next week to talk about what our best options are.  We understand that if we have the surgery we may not be able to have children on our own, however we are unable to currently have kids as is.  We are keeping an open mind, if we have to adopt then so be it.

We are hoping and praying that we are on the right path.  I'll do my best to post our journey and anything that we find helpful along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment